Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Vegas Baby!














The Fix at the Bellagio



Christmas card for next year?



Jim and Becky (in laws)


The Bellagio Tree



Joseph and I at Mesa Grill








I just got up from sleeping for about 11 hours, recovering from my crazy weekend in Vegas. Joseph's parents, our friends Steve and Amanda, and Joseph and I all hopped on a plane Thursday and headed for Vegas for my 26th birthday. We stayed at Ceasar's, the same place I stayed for my bachelorette party and it was fabulous, as always. I really think we will be going back to the Bellagio next time, we just love it there.
The first night we were there we kinda took it easy and ate at Bobby Flay's restaurant, Mesa Grill, it is one of my all time favs.
The next night we shopped all day at the Fashion Show mall, when we got back we just got dressed and went over to the Bellagio and ate at Olives, Todd English's restaurant. That night we ended up at the Black Jack and roulette tables until about two in the morning. We found a spot in the Pussy Cat Doll Lounge, where the girls are dancing in the middle of the card tables, it is so much more fun than the normal tables...much more energy and the girls dealing are fun and outgoing.
There was a girl named Grace, she was our fav dealer of the trip, she was sooo cute and nice, I figured she was about 25....however, one night we were talking to her and she was telling us how she had to get back home to see her 5 kids and husband of like 15 years. She was 40 years old! I was shocked, and told her she had to give me her secret....she said she has tried everything under the sun, from Lancome to Chanel and she is using now, Wei East, it is imported from China. I might have to check it out.
The next day was my birthday!
I got up that morning and had breakfast in bed, fabulous I know...and then I was going down to the Qua Spa at Ceasar's to have my facial and spa day. I love the spa so much at Ceasars I had to go almost everyday and get something done! They have the most amazing sauna and steam room with eucalyptus....and when you are done in there, you can go into the roman baths that look like natural hot springs bubblying over, and then to the artic room, where moisturizing bubbles snow down on you.
My facial was so awesome....I got to talking to the girl and she had just done Bette Midler right before me, you know she has that new show there...so I asked her what celebrities she had done. She said she did Britney right before she had her second baby. Of course I had to know details....she said she was sooo super sweet and that she felt like she was going through a little post pardum depression at the time b/c the way she has been acting is not like her at all. and she knows this also b/c she danced with Britney, Kevin, and Chris Judd when she was a professional dancer in LA...fascinating
However, she said that JLO, whom she also danced with and even went to her wedding with Chris Judd, is a total diva, and absolutely off the wall and over the top! She said she was awful to Chris and just totally into herself....crazy!
So later....we went to Mario Berttoli's new restaurant at the Palazzo, CarneVino. I did some research and it was supposed to be one of the best new restaurants in Vegas, and it was AMAZING! I recommend this one to everyone, you will love it!
The show we saw that night, Rodney Carrington was hilarious. I almost pee-ed my pants it was so funny! The National Finals of the Rodeo was in town, so there were cowboys everywhere, so much fun!
The night before we left we did more shopping and went to eat at the Fix at the Bellagio, and then we stayed up to 3:30 in the am playing blackjack with Grace. I had to get up at 8, hence me sleeping 11 hours today.
We had so much fun and I cant wait to go back.
Now more fun to come with all of the holidays!
I gonna need a vacation from vacation! ha!
ciao
mo

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! It sounds like you had a fun and fabulous birthday!!!

Stacey said...

Jealous!!!

Tara Gibson said...

found your blog off Miss Stella Suttons! Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday!! The pics are gorgeous!